“The more I give from my heart, the more gets deposited into my happiness bank account – with interest!”~ Cultivating Radiance
Make the world better in every moment by practicing giving with all of the grace and radiance you have. No need to withdraw from your bank account; your happiness account will cover it all.
1. Give kind words. Words of praise, acknowledgement, and encouragement can brighten someone’s day, help them reach new levels, and support them through hard times.
2. Give your time. Spend focused time with the important people in your life, giving them your full attention and creating memories. You can also volunteer or be of service to someone in need.
3. Share your talents. Maybe it’s music, dance, art, crafts, or the bounty from your garden. You will bring joy to others.
Every year on my birthday, my friend Jim sings me a song…and every year he warms my heart.
4. Share your wisdom. Offer your experience to someone who could use it. People may not yet be aware of how great you are, so share your brilliance. Note: this does NOT mean you should offer your unsolicited advice or try to “fix” someone’s life, but simply offer your experience.
My friend, Mary Agnes, is a fabulous social media coach and every December she offers her wisdom through a month of free teleclasses.
5. Give your support. We share our lives with many people who are passionate and doing great things in the world. Ask them how you can best support them.
Kristine Carlson started a new “Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff” Facebook page to honor her late husband, Richard Carlson, and asked for support. Within hours, she had well over a thousand fans whose lives will be forever changed through their willingness to support her.
6. Give material things. a warm coat, book, or anything you have that you are willing to give away. Most of us accumulate WAY too much “stuff” that we don’t use, but someone else could. The real challenge is to learn to give away the things we most cherish.
7. Open your heart with compassion and understanding. This may be one of the most valuable things we have…our heart. Everybody has struggle in their life; everybody feels disappointment and pain. Love them as they are, without attempting to take the pain away, but understand and let them move through it. Hold hope for them and you will learn more about yourself.
8. Give hugs. It not only feels fantastic to get a great hug, it also increases hemoglobin blood counts, eases tension, builds self esteem, lets us know we are cared for and connected, and heals our heart. You’ll actually feel a change in your body when you give a big hug. Don’t let go too soon…wait for the magic.
9. Share your smile. This one is SO EASY and still it is rare to find people who will look you in the eye and smile. Be one of those people. Really see the beautiful humans who are around you and smile with your whole body, and light up! If you see someone without a smile, give them yours.
10. Give your positive energy. This is a really cool one, because the more you give, the more energy you create! Try this experiment: go to a store with a bomber attitude and share that. Then, walk around feeling gratitude, joy, and celebrating of how wonderful life is. Notice the impact of the gift of your light.
You have so much to give to the world. My invitation to you is to practice giving in all of these ways to yourself first…REALLY, you DO deserve it. If you start with you, you will find more than enough to share with everyone else.
P.S. ~ If you’d like to give support to our Facebook page by “liking” it, I would really appreciate it 🙂
Just click on this link: Tamara Gerlach/Cultivating Radiance on Facebook
Don’t miss the Radiant Living show Wednesdays at 10am Pacific